Thank you so much for your interest in my website and data protection policy. You can use my website without the need to provide any personal data should you wish to. If you want to purchase any services, the processing of personal data will become necessary in order for me to fulfill my contract to you to the best of my abilities.
This policy sets out how and why I collect any of your personal information, how it is processed and how it is kept secure. By using this website or engaging with me to provide any services, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Any and all personal data captured will be in line with the GDPR and any UK data protection regulations.
Your trust, security, and privacy are very important to me, so if you have any queries or concerns please do get in touch at email@example.com.
The Stars Inside is the controller of data that passes through this website or via email. This data is kept private between myself and a few other carefully selected data processors.
My full details are:
Full name of legal entity: The Stars Inside
Name of data controller: Valentina Ring
Postal address: 47A Halliford Street, London, N1 3EJ
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can let me know if at any time your personal information changes using the email address above or my contact form.
Personal data collected and retained will be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
When scheduling our first consultation, I collect personal details from you so that we can communicate and discuss my services:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Skype Name / ID
- The date of your wedding or event
During our time working together, I may process the following categories of data about you:
- Communication Data: This includes any communication that you send to me, whether that be through the contact form on my website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send me. I will only process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data: This includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, and contact details. I do not store your personal financial information or any credit details. I will store data deemed to be needed to support you during our time working together, such as suppliers involved, timelines, your preferences, locations, invoices and contracts, and any other logistical documentation. I will collect passport data if needed and you have authorised me to support you with legal paperwork as part of my services. I process your data in order to best supply the services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. My lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and me and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data: This includes data about how you use my website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. I process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of my website, to maintain back- ups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website, other online services and business. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest, which in this case are to enable me to properly administer my website and my business.
- Technical Data: This includes data about your use of my website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest, which in this case is to enable me to properly administer my website and my business and to grow my business and to decide my marketing strategy.
- Sensitive Data: This refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I will only collect data of this kind that I deem necessary to supply you the service you have purchased. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
I may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising I serve you. My lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interest, which is to grow my business. I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Where I am required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of our contract, and you do not provide that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract (for example, deliver services to you). If you don’t provide the requested data, I may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered, but will of course notify you at the time.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for, I look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, and the processing purposes. For tax purposes the law requires me to keep basic information about my customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. You can see more about these rights here. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your trust is very important to me, and I'm committed to keeping your data safe and secure. I promise to only collect data that I deem beneficial to providing you the best possible service, and never sell your personal details to anyone.
I will only share your personal data with external parties where this is related to providing you the service you have purchased, and always with your consent. This may include:
- Other companies who will provide services during your wedding / event
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require my to report processing activities
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
I may post photos resulting from my services to you in a variety of places, listed below. This is done via legitimate interest, such as growing my business, showing prospective clients examples of my portfolio, or marketing my services. Should you prefer I not use certain images, please let me know via email.
- On my website
- On industry blogs and other related websites
- In other brands I work with
- On my social media accounts
I will always contact you for your permission to use any images of you (visible faces) or that contain any legible details pertaining to your event.
In addition to my own data, I also use a variety of data processors, as listed below.
Dropbox is a service to provide online hosting of data, which I use to store your details, documents, and photos. They self-certify as being compliant with Privacy Shield, so are compliant with GDPR.
Google Suite is a tool for providing services which are available over the internet. I use Calendar, Email and Drive in order to store information relating to your services. Google are fully GDPR compliant. I retain 7 years of data in order to be compliant with legal obligations, except in the case of email which is retained indefinitely.
Google Analytics is a service which provides information about how visitors use a website. I use the information that I gain to provide you with a more effective website. Google is fully GDPR compliant.
Aisle Planner is a suite of business tools to manage the details and couments associated with each client. This includes a vendor library, guest management, budget management, planning checklists, and client contact details. Aisle Planner has certified to the EU - US Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection and use of Personal Data transferred from the EU, so is compliant with GDPR.
Your security is very important to me. I take all reasonable steps to ensure that data is held and processed securely, and encrypted where possible. I follow strict security procedures to safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and improper use, accidental loss, destruction and damage. I will continue to update these measures as new technology becomes available.
Please note that this website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.